Looking for something fun to do this weekend? Head to the HandmadeMN Market on Saturday, Oct. 22, at the Ballentine VFW in Minneapolis (next to Herkimer on Lyndale Ave.) and check out tons and tons of awesome artisans. We’re all members of a group called HandmadeMN, which is a local group of Etsy artists. The market goes from 10 a.m.-5 p.m., so there’s plenty of time to enjoy the lovely weather and get your shop on. It’s not too early to think about holiday gifts, yo!
Get three stamps on your little passport from any three vendors and you’re entered into a drawing for some cool prizes. It’s going to be really fun. Other cool vendors of the handmade, in addition to redshoes26 design, include Larissa Loden, Jennifer Merchant Design, and From Out of the Cracks.
If you go, tell ’em I sent you!
Hey dudes! Have you been thinking of popping the question? Or maybe you have a friend who is? If so, I’m thrilled to announce a collaboration I’m part of: I’m teaming up with some cool vendors to offer a completely *free*, no-strings-attached planned proposal. What does that mean? It means you will have a team of creative professionals to help you plan, execute, and document the story of how you ask your wicked-awesome girlfriend to marry you. (All you have to do is supply the ring!)
The deadline to enter is just one month away, so get your proposal ideas to us soon! Email info@elizabethanneweddings and tell Elizabeth Anne about you, your girlfriend, your love story, and the ideal proposal. That’s all it takes to enter. Good luck!
The past two and a half weeks have been a whirlwind of activity. I:
- Moved to a new apartment
- Showed work at the Gustavus Adolphus Juried Art & Craft Show
- Played in my alumni softball game (the alums were victorious for the fourth year in a row!)
- Completed an order for the Minneapolis Institute of Arts store, where my greeting cards are now sold
- Made four new mixed-media shadowboxes to show in last weekend’s Saint Paul Art Crawl at AZ Gallery
- Participated in said Art Crawl
- Worked on graphics for a really cool collaboration I’m taking part in with other wedding vendors, which I’ll post about soon
- Went to the SUPER inspiring Giant Steps conference at the Guthrie Theater
- Continued competing with other RAW: natural born artists to be named Visual Artist of the year (you have until Oct. 15 to vote for me–daily!)
- Continued creating graphics for and prepping for the Independent Wedding Association‘s next wedding fair, Groom’s Night, which is this Thursday, Oct. 13 (tickets are still available!). I’ll be showing my custom wedding suite designs at the fair!
- And had some really cool things happen for me on the interwebs (keep reading)
The Saint Paul Art Crawl was really fun, as always. I met some new people who were interested in my work, caught up with friends who stopped by, and sold lots of my Minnesota Icon illustrations. The work will be up at AZ Gallery through the end of October, so if you missed the Crawl, there’s still time to see the art. Check out the AZ’s gallery hours on its website.
The fun I discovered on the internet today was that my Je t’aime greeting card, which had been added to an Etsy Treasury by magalerie, appeared on the Front Page! This is huge, and I’m so excited to be part of this beautiful Treasury. Thanks magalerie!